By Sharan Newman
From the writer of The actual historical past in the back of the Templars--the origins and tales in the back of end-of-the-world predictions all through heritage, from Revelations to 2012.
In exciting and sharp prose, historian Sharan Newman explores theories of global destruction from precedent days as much as the current day- theories which display as a lot approximately human nature as they do concerning the primary old, clinical, and spiritual ideals of the time. Readers will locate solutions to the next end-of-times questions:
* Did the Mayans particularly say the area will lead to December 2012?
* How have the indicators within the New testomony publication of Revelations been interpreted through the years?
* How did old Egyptians, Norse, and chinese language imagine the area could finish?
* while did Nostradamus expect that the final days might come?
* Does the I Ching reference 2012?
* Why didn't the realm lead to Y2K?
* Are meteors, worldwide warming, super-volcanoes, and the specter of nuclear battle indicators that the tip is close to?